Ethan was dug up by a man who was walking on a lakeside pedestrian path and noticed that the ground was moving, apparently the
result of convulsions from the dog’s poisoning. The man then got a shovel and dug the dog up. Lucky Ethan — not every random person strolling through the park would react that way!
The anonymous man called firefighters who rushed the shivering dog to a vet who was able to nurse the dog back to life. The terrier was subsequently identified through a microchip that showed all this happened on his third birthday.
“It’s extraordinary. We only see this in TV movies,” said veterinarian Philippe Michon. “He came back to life and without a scratch. It’s rather miraculous.”
The vet said when firemen brought the dirt-covered terrier to his office “he was completely cold, he was barely breathing.”
Michon used hot water bottles to warm up Ethan’s seemingly lifeless body. The dog was so cold his veins had collapsed and it was hard to find one to hydrate him but within 24 hours the dog was back on his feet.
Ethan is one lucky dog: between an passerby who noticed the ground moving, the firemen, and a caring veterinarian, the terrier is bouncing with life.
But that leaves the question: why did Ethan end up poisoned and in a shallow grave to begin with?
Sabina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, Ethan’s owner says he had given the dog away but police are investigating.
France has a remarkable system of health care for people, with all their medical information encoded on to a single computer chip. It’s great to know that animals are covered in a similar way.
Hooray for Ethan!
For an Extensive List of Animal Rescue Groups and Shelters click here
Dogs, Cats, Bunnies, Ferrets and Birds can be adopted from the Humane Society, SPCA, bred, adopted from a Rescue Group or rescued off the street, their contribution to the household they are in, is invaluable.